Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Galilee To Me......

Galilee. Changed. My. Life.

Words nor photographs will ever accurately portray the beauty, the sacred spirit of this land, and the feelings I felt while living here. I will do my best.

I lived where the Savior lived, healed, and taught during His mortal ministry. 
(Side Note: This land is the location of 2/3 of the New Testament events)

Galilee To Me:

Beauty. Galilee is positively the most gorgeous place I have ever traveled. (March is the month of green pastures, brightly-colored flowers blooming EVERYWHERE, warm summer-evenings, and views that will take your breath away)
 
 Peace.  One beautiful morning, we had the opportunity to sail out on a boat in the middle of the Sea of Galilee and read about the miracles performed on this significant body of water. The sea was still and the spirit was surreal. Perfect.
 
Biblical Significance: The Bible was pretty much our travel guide resource. 
Below: After attending Church in the Galilee Branch we went to the River Jordan.  
 
Testimony. The New Testament came alive to me in Galilee, we studied in depth the Four Gospels prior to traveling to the various sacred places the events took place in.  
I had the chance to read Christ's teachings in the places He taught them.
Capernaum and Mt. of Beatitudes were by far two of my favorite places we traveled the entire trip. 
I still have to pinch myself: I walked where Christ and His apostles lived and taught.
 
Foreign Food: "Peter's Fish": I ate a WHOLE fish-fresh from the Sea: eye-balls, brains,and all.
At the Kibbutz, everything was kosher. I tried some interesting things throughout our stay....a little cow tongue maybe
 
Surprises: We hiked for about two hours to the top of Gamla to this synagogue....that dated back to the 1st Century...THE FIRST CENTURY...IT STILL EXISTED FROM WHEN CHRIST LIVED!
Only in Galilee
Beautiful Surprises!
Countless Sacred Sites. We bused all over Northern Israel.  We had many devotionals, reenactments, and lessons.  
{Below is Caesarea Philippi}
My First View of Galilee......on top of Mt. Arbel
Sweet Pics. Kate took of us messing around in the Akko Crusader Fortress
 HIKES. We back-packed through some of the most beautiful terrain and cooled off in the waterfalls


History. I learned SO much about the geography and history of Israel. 
Below is a Roman-Aqueduct
 Love. What could be better: a surreal experience, surrounded by incredible people!
ABOVE ALL: Developing a relationship with Jesus Christ. I spent many evenings and early mornings on the beach, watching the sunset/sunrise, reading about His life and reading His teachings. I know Jesus Christ lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment