Friday, March 11, 2011

PrInCesS BoSmA


 

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go to a Jerusalem Preschool…My heart melted on the spot as I walked into one of the classrooms where ten little angels with big brown eyes looked up at me, anxiously waiting to play. 
They are in the process of learning English and we were there to help them…Hello, Cat, Dog, and Thank-You make up the majority of their English Vocabulary at the moment ;)  Surprisingly, not being able to communicate was only a minor detail… For Laughter and Smiling make up a universal language.
  
Jessie, Sarah, and I played for almost an hour with them.  I am not going to lie…we desperately thought of every children’s game or song we had ever sung or heard growing up.  From “Do As I Am Doing” to “Old McDonald Had a Farm,” the children anxiously participated in everything. They LOVED every second of it. We were able to recall many of the songs and games that we had learned 10 years prior. Miracle.  By the end, they all started mauling us, fighting for attention.  It was pretty much a giant mosh-pit of children. They taught us how to sing Duck, Duck, Goose in Arabic. High Fives were also a favorite. 

I love the people here. 


1 comment:

  1. oh my word rach!! i can't belive what your doing out there. Thoses little kids are absoultly adorable! I miss you so so so so much and love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete