Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Ketch" Me in Ketchikan


Welcome to Alaska… First Stop...

 Ketchikan, Alaska
Population: 8,044 people


Are we sure Alaska is in America?

Alaska is a different world...and I LOVED  EVERY second of it. 

Here is what I did to fit in with Alaskan natives all week: 1. Take a shower 2. Shake your head twice 3. Put on a beanie 4. Slip into a 6 year old hoodie 4. Top it off with some rain boots, leopard rain boots.

-and you are ready to go-

The best part is...It takes a whopping 3 minutes to get ready and you fit right in Gorgeous. Green. Rainy.





Did you know... Totem Poles are used by the indigenous peoples of North America to tell stories, ancestry, or bring shame.

 Totem Poles lined every street, alley-way, front lawn, you name it. Amazing.



So Alaska? I know, extremely random right? Wrong. My Grandma is the CEO and founder of Beneficial International. She put hundreds of hours planning and arranging this Corporate Retreat for the entire company, employees and their spouses. How many bosses do that? Well, I can tell you one…My Grandma. She is unbelievable. You have to meet her to know what I am talking about. The retreat lasted 8 days and was phenomenal to say the least. Chels and I work in the warehouse during the summers…I know, I know, we are spoiled. My mom works here as well…So all three of us joined my Grandparents and came a day early to help them set up. We explored a small part of Ketchikan before snuggling into a little apartment as it rained and poured the entire night.

Am I blessed or am I blessed?


         Meet my Grandparents.......



 Are they not the cutest couple or what? Seriously though,I attribute a large portion of who I am and what I have experienced to them. (Thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment