Thursday, February 10, 2011

20 Reasons I Loved Having My 20th Birthday in Jerusalem

My 20th Birthday in Jerusalem
In no particular order:
 1. I woke up around 5:30 am to study for midterms. Due to my mom's perfectly planned delivery on the 9th, I got a bonus point on my exam.
2.  Jessie (my roommate) pounced on me while whispering/singing "Hap py Birthday" to me while I crouched in my prayer position at 5:30 am. However, she was so excited, she might possibly have failed to brush her teeth;)
3. Every time we walked into the Oasis or class, everyone sang to Chels and I at least twice
4. Aladdin, the money changer, let Chels and I go back behind his desk and hold thousands of dollars. (Due to the fact of being a twin, I think we are easily rememberd.  He always asks, "How are the beautiful mormon twins?" He is one of my favorite people I have befriended here.
5. I went shopping with my girls
6. Our friends surprised us and took us to a cute little pizza shop in the Old City for Lunch
 


7. We went to the Austrian Hospice and enjoyed a wonderful afternoon in the Garden
8. The Girls surprised us with gifts: earrings, chocolate, and ADAPTERS (Golden b/c the one Chels and I were sharing disappeared)
9. We played Catch Phrase and laughed like hooligans
10. I received emails from people I love with ALL of my heart and sadly have not heard from in forever. My Provo clan sent Chels and I videos celebrating our birthdays, friends created blog posts dedicated to us, and I was able to contact loved ones!!!
11. I received more chocolate then I know what to do with
12. The Muhlestein's secretly invited Chels and I over to their house after dinner to enjoy muffins they made for us. We each had a candle in our cupcakes.  Sabrina pretends she is our triplet so she had a candle as well! (Sabrina and Jacob below) I love this family; they are my family away from home. So Pure.
13. I got to talk to my Mommy on the phone!!! I LOvE, LoVe, LOVE to talk to my Mom!! I also had the opportunity to laugh with my sisters the next morning! My Dad is happy. They are all doing so well....That is the best birthday gift I could ask for in itself!!!
14. The children of the center gave us letters and pictures they created at Breakfast
15. Paul sent me a song he sang for me and almost brought me to tears in the lounge
16. I am NO LONGER A TEENAGER!!! I already feel older, wiser, and more mature :)
17. Chels and I were studying Judaism up in the "temple room" late tonight, when all of the students in the center came charging in the room belting "Happy Birthday," carrying two cakes they searched for in the Old City. Cameron dedicated a speech to us and they lit the candles. I felt SO loved!!!! I love these students SO MUCH!!!!
18. All the students decorated my door with balloons and kind notes
19. I AM IN JERUSALEM


20. I get to share the day with my BEST FRIEND!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELS-I LOVE YOU!




2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to my oldest child (by 7 minutes) You are loved by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply glorious, Rach! I'm so happy for you! Have fun, be safe, say hi to Sar, I love you!

    ReplyDelete