Monday, August 13, 2012

Today, I Taught Myself.



 This afternoon, I promised my mom I would help her with a few things around the house in preparation for moving.  I ventured down to the basement to go through my bin of belongings to throw out what I did not want.  My bin proved to be a treasure trove filled with pictures, jerseys, trophies, love notes, and journals.  I was overcome with different emotions as I reminisced on past experiences and friendships.  I am so blessed.  I ended up not chucking anything : )

I sat on the storage room floor for at least an hour and a half reading through my journals, grinning from ear to ear as I read each entry.  I loved reading through my high school journals.  High school seems like ages ago.  In fact, I dropped my little sister off for volleyball this morning.  Four years ago, I was the one being dropped off for summer volleyball practices at Davis High.  Now, my life is consumed with entirely different responsibilities, people, and experiences. 

 Cherish life=we only have one shot at it, do not waste it.
  
 My journals included newspaper clippings from historic events (e.g. September 11), wonderful letters, personal feelings, learning experiences, pictures, tickets, hilarious stories, and my testimony on nearly every page.  I grew up writing in my journal.  And I am so grateful I did.  Today, I taught myself.   Ironic isn’t?  One would think it would be the other way around, now that I have more years and knowledge under my belt.  However, the pure and simple testimonies I consistently jotted down daily show a direct correlation to the noticeable elation I felt in my teenage years.   (Simplicity can be the best teacher.)

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
-Judith Kelman

 I am now a senior in college.  I will graduate next spring.  I want to continue living a life full of love, laughter, and passion.  I can still be ridiculously happy despite the hardships of life when I draw near to God and His Beloved Son. With God, we have every reason to be happy.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.                          -unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment