Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bucket List

During one of my work breaks, I decided to write out a bucket list for the next few years of my life.  This list ended up being a few pages longàLife is too short to waste away doing things you do not love to do.  

Aside from graduating from college, ‘camping’ in my own backyard with my husband (oh-getting married is in there too), making up a beautiful lullaby for my children, or buying a cute puppy,

I want to teach in Africa.






I had the opportunity to go to Africa, Egypt in particular, a year ago. 

The photograph below was taken the first second I crossed the border into Africa.  I could barely contain my enthusiasm. 
I must go back, for there are far too many places I have yet to experience.


Since middle school, one of my dreams has been to live in Africa for a short time and serve. (It would be even more worthwhile/safe if I could share this experience with my husband.)  I want to travel. I want to immerse myself with other cultures and peoples.  I want to see the world.
I want to make a difference.

Guess what? Next year, I will have an official teaching degree and I CAN TEACH!  Looks like I just need to a. get married and b. find some form of financial support for my dream.

AND someday (in many more years), I would love to start my own Charity Organization to benefit people all over the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment