Tuesday, June 26, 2012

BREATH OF FRESH AIR

This past year has been one of great difficulty and pain for my family. In short, the Jackson family needed a vacation. 

This summer everyone is completely booked with crazy work schedules, business trips, athletic camps,trek… EXCEPT for one week…the second to last week of June.
We jumped on it.

In attempts to regroup from our separating paths, we all found a way to make it to California for a few days.  My Dad was even able to break away from Arizona, where he is currently working, for a few days.

This trip was like therapy for me.
I was able to take a step out of my worries and responsibilities for a few days and really realize what is most important. 
I laughed and laughed and laughed the entire time. 
Laughter heals.
Life is too important to waste away by stressing and worrying. 
I received so much wisdom and comfort from my parents.  

We stayed in a baby, and I mean BABY hotel room right on the beach. It’s a good thing we all love each other.

But it was worth it b/c look at the view.



How unbelievably lucky am I to have a family like this?
I am surrounded by my favorite people. 


We went on a bike ride along the boardwalk






We discovered fun,little restaurants 



We rented roller-blades to skate along the board-walk 
Don't ask what we are wearing b/c I have no idea.






Architecture Pic...for my Grandpa
There were crazy beach houses along the board-walk 


Dog Lovers (this is Frodo, the dog at the Beach Rental Place...we were pretty good friends by the end--we wanted to do everything!)


Venice Beach is also commonly known as a Muscle Beach!!! 


They had a huge area designated for working out. 
Naturally we had to try it out.


Sometimes the rings were slippery... 

  

Slack-Lining. 


We played by the "One Finger" Rule :)
Slack-Lining is a lot more difficult than it looks


We came across a skate-park while biking one afternoon.
I was blown away by the 8 year-olds boys who were showing off their skills with full grown men. 
I could not believe what the little guys were doing. 
My sisters apparently had the same reaction. 
Look at those profiles.
Are we related or what?


The Jackson's can't go to a beach without
 playing some beach volleyball! 


Beach Time 



Boogie-Boarding 
[Just for the record,putting two on at once can resort to a bloody nose. Just ask Chels :)] 







Needless to say, it was a trip to remember. 
I love my Family. 

2 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful family! I miss you so much, Rach. I think about you all the time! I need to see you soon, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,

    I would love to see you. Honestly, I am in the midst of one of the most difficult and personal trials I have ever endured in my 21 years of living. I don't really know what keeps me going anymore. I would love more than anything to spend, even if it for one minute, time with someone that I love so much. Thank you for keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete