Saturday, January 22, 2011

....Random Weekly Highlights (in no particular order)......

1. My Bishopric felt impressed to call me as.....CUB SCOUT LEADER! After learning what a den, a bear, a bobcat was, I started this unfamiliar adventure.  Not gonna lie, I could tell you anything about women in church organizations but boys....that is foreign territory.  Maybe I am going to have 6 sons in the future and need to know all of the secrets about boys :) HAHA my mom just started laughing when she found out.  I met with Caleb (a little boy in the center) for our first night.  I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The night ended with a solid game of Zombie-Infection in the gymnasium.  I am going to have the time of my life with this calling.  I am with two other stellar girls (one of which I met at a Relief Society President's Retreat last year).  We are going to be a knot-tying, Pinewood Durby..ing, wrestling bunch!
2. Making homemade "Reeses" with EVERY meal. (Nutella and Peanut Butter stuffed in a Pita)
3. Getting a Marriage Proposal every day in the Old City (Men here tend to be a little too bold for their own good)
4. Late Night Volleyball Tournaments in the Center
5. Writing 7 page papers in the "White Temple Room" that ends up laughter and confessing first kiss stories
6. Laughing more than talking
7. Engaging in a large Humanitarian Project in the garage. J-Rat, our little DJ, blared music.  The service project quickly turned into a GINORMOUS dance party! When the music gets going, I start dancing.  we danced, and danced, and danced. Everyone joined, even the little kids of the center. We created 1700 kits.
8. Late Night Bonding with my Roommates
9. Field Trip to Jericho
10. Talking to my INCREDIBLE Grandma on the phone.  I love her so much.  Grandma, if you are reading this....I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOU
11. On a more serious note......Going to the Garden of Gethsemane on the Sabbath.  A guard unlocked a gate that led into the private Garden of Gethsemane across the street from the "tourist" Garden of Gethsemane.  I went and sat in the Garden and read Jesus The Christ by Talmage.  I can honestly say this afternoon was one of the most sacred experiences of my entire life.  I read the chapters about His suffering in Gethsemane and His Crucifixion as I sat in the exact location the Savior suffered for me, personally.  Jesus Christ Lives!

12. I have just packed for Egypt....I AM GOING TO EGYPT FOR 8 DAYS. This adventure includes: riding camels, voyaging inside pyramids, boating up the Nile, and much more. I will update the adventure upon my arrival! I pray and wish the best for you all!

3 comments:

  1. Great posts, Rach! I am so glad you are having so many crazy adventures! I can hardly believe it! Have fun in Egypt, take a close look at those eyelids on the camels, and good luck with the boys! That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KRISTA I LOVE YOU! HOW ARE YOU? CHELS AND I WERE WONDERING WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO CALL YOU THIS WEEK?! WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LIVES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RACH,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!You are now 20 years old, that seems so crazy. i love you so much and i miss you, but i know you are having the time of your life. i wrote you a letter but it didn't get sent with your package so it will come in a week or two.:) but i hope you had an amazing birthday, i wish i could of been there to spend it with you both! i love you so much, and don't forget to think of me when you are riding a camel:)
    love, hannah

    ReplyDelete