Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Roller Coaster Ride

It’s official, I just survived what I would like to call a “death semester.”  I had it coming…like stepping onto a wild roller coaster at an amusement park...I loaded up my schedule with extremely taxing classes, perfectly placed myself in the midst of a disaster of decisions, and chose to stand next to loved ones who are also at a peak of intensity and devastation in their lives…and I was off. 


The gospel was my seat belt…the only thing that could keep me sane and safe.
  
At times, all I could do was hold on.  I definitely had my ups and downs.  I cherished the moments where I could spend time with the people I loved the most.  As the semester progressed, these moments dwindled, becoming few and far between.  As finals approached, I spent every night, sometimes until midnight, in the library studying.  My study groups became my social life (especially my economics study group).  I refused to let Economics 110, the most failed class at BYU, be the end of me.  I competed against the hundreds of competitive men and women applying for the Business program in a CURVED class.
  
With little sleep and food, I quickly caught a hold of a sweet-little sickness.  Timing was perfection, as I had a voice final that same week. Through a power higher than my own, I was able to overcome the nasty, enduring cough to belt out four songs.

I do not regret this semester, for I learned a lot about myself and my capabilities. Similarly, I am so grateful for the angels in my life who enabled me accomplish and fulfill my responsibilities.

Call it crazy but I am back at it again. Four semesters in a row…Spring Term officially starts today.  It’s kind of funny how it works, after all is said and done, we walk off the rollercoaster and realize how exhilarating it was and get back in line to do it all over again! 

However...

I am hoping this semester will be a little more like the swings or the chair lift :) 



1 comment:

  1. I love you Rachel Jackson, and I miss you!! I would really really love to see you and Chels soon if we can all find a time that works :)

    ReplyDelete