Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Truth is at Our Fingertips


Today, I just finished the Book of Mormon again. I testify with everything I am that this is a true book.  I remember the first time I completed the Book of Mormon, individually: I was a young teenager on a road trip with my family and we were crossing the Indian Reservation in Arizona.  [Now thinking back on it, I was amongst the descendants of this sacred book…how cool is that?!!!!] The spirit consumed my entire body and tears started streaming down my face as I took upon myself Moroni’s challenge and prayed about the truthfulness of this book.  My soul began to burst with one of the purest and strongest joys I had ever felt.  Six or seven years later, I still remember how powerful and overriding those feelings were and still are when I read it. I can feel a physical difference in my life when I read it compared to when I do not.  When I was younger, I found the language harder to understand and the material hard to relate to.  Now, I can see EVERY single stage I enter in my life directly weaved into this sacred book; it is applicable in every aspect of life. When I read those words, I am receiving advice, wisdom, and love DIRECTLY FROM GOD.  Along with the Bible, the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.  We have the truth and knowledge at our fingertips. I know it is true without a doubt in my mind. 

I echo Elder Holland’s words: 

"Now, I did not sail with the brother of Jared. I did not hear King Benjamin speak his angelically delivered sermon. I was not among the Nephite crowd who touched the wounds of the resurrected Lord, nor did I weep with Mormon and Moroni over the destruction of a civilization. But my testimony of this record and the peace it brings to the human heart—given to me through the whispering of the Holy Spirit just as it is given to you—is as binding and unequivocal as was theirs. I testify of this book as surely as if I had, with the Three Witnesses, seen the angel Moroni or, with the Eight Witnesses, handled the plates of gold.

I further testify that not one of us can come to full faith in this latter-day work and thereby find the fullest measure of peace and comfort in our times until he or she embraces the divinity of the Book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ, of whom it testifies. As my great-great-great grandfather said in the early days of the Restoration, “No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so.”

Read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment